The Accounts Assistant is primarily responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts, management accounts, book keeping and VAT returns.
The key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant are:
- To prepare client accounts up to final stage, dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval by the client manager.
- To complete bookkeeping, VAT returns and management accounts either at the office or at clients premises, as required.
- To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager any compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the Group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and to know their own limitations on providing advice to clients.
- To promptly report to their manager any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be AAT qualified, in the final year of achieving their AAT qualification or qualified by experience.
- Be able and willing to travel to client’s premises to provide services onsite.
- Have the ability to actively manage their own workload, take responsibility for their own development and possess suitable IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Have previous experience of working in an accounting practice.