The Accounts Assistant is responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts, management accounts, book keeping, VAT returns, personal tax computations and other assignments as required.
- The preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by their manager or partner (either at the office and/or at client premises)
- The provision of a range of other services to clients as required e.g. general book-keeping, VAT Returns, assistance with accounting software, tax computations, again for approval by Manager/Director or under the supervision of Manager.
- To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager/partner any tax compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know their own limitations in advising the client on accounting and tax matters.
- To promptly report to their manager/partner any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice.
- Must be AAT qualified, in the final year of the AAT qualification or qualified by experience or part qualified ACA or ACCA.
- Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
- Must be able and willing to travel to client’s premises to provide services onsite.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must have experience of working in an accounting practice.