The Manager is responsible for contributing significantly to the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients; and for ensuring that all staff under his/her control receive on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
This role would suit an ambitious accounts manager wanting to move to Director in 2 to 4 years.
- The completion of client accounts to strict deadlines following initial preparation by junior staff, for final signing off by a director.
- Reviewing client accounts to ensure there is tax compliance and planning for both the business and the individual(s), where appropriate involving the firm’s tax specialists including VAT.
- Responsible for Corporation tax reviews.
- Responsible for FRS reviews on Corporate clients
- When required to assist with/advise on the preparation of client management accounts.
- To manage all client queries within the portfolio of accounting and audits.
- Where necessary to provide effective guidance to the client on costs and business planning issues.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients to gain their respect and understand their business, and also to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To develop a team of staff under the manager’s control through supporting and assisting them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development. Conduct performance appraisals when necessary. This includes supporting junior team members with ACA and ACCA student progress.
- To ensure that all technicians and trainees within his/her department receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies, whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
- To provide technical support and training to all staff when required.
- To attend relevant networking events and prospect meetings to help enhance the firm’s reputation and where possible introduce new clients.
- To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- To assist the Medical team on accounts and tax matters.
- Support the larger accounts in liaison with Director.
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 5 years general practice experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with accounts preparation programs.
- Must have experience of completion of company and unincorporated tax computations
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must be able to work to deadlines.
- Must have experience of effectively managing costs and business planning.