We have an exciting opportunity to work in a highly specialist area based in the Sleaford office to cover the management of Healthcare Accountancy across the other offices.
The senior/supervisor is responsible for contributing significantly to the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of healthcare clients; and for ensuring that all staff under his/her control receive on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals
- The completion of client accounts to strict deadlines following initial preparation by junior staff, for final signing off by a director.
- Reviewing client accounts to ensure there is tax compliance and planning for both the business and the individual(s), where appropriate involving the firm’s tax specialists including VAT.
- Preparing superannuation calculations for inclusion within the accounts. Preparing annual superannuation certificates.
- Supporting the team with preparation of other assignments for example benchmarking and GP earnings calculations.
- Supporting some healthcare clients with monthly bookkeeping and VAT returns.
- When required to assist with/advise on the preparation of client management accounts.
- To manage all client queries within the portfolio of accounting.
- Where necessary to provide effective guidance to the client on costs and business planning issues.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients to gain their respect and understand their business, and also to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To develop a team of staff under the manager’s control through supporting and assisting them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development. Conduct performance appraisals when necessary.
- To ensure that all technicians and trainees within his/her department receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies, whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
- To provide technical support to all staff when required.
- To attend relevant networking events and prospect meetings to help enhance the firm’s reputation and where possible introduce new clients.
- To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with accounts preparation programs.
- Must have experience of completion of company and unincorporated tax computations
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must be able to work to deadlines.
- Must have experience of effectively managing costs and business planning.
- Applicants with no healthcare experience are welcomed to apply for a senior role to be supported with healthcare training in order to progress to management level.