The accounts senior is responsible for undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to clients; and also for contributing significantly to the on the job development of technicians and trainees.
- The preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by their manager or director.
- To review the work they are undertaking and refer to their manager/director any tax compliance issues or opportunities for cross selling of other services within the group.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients to gain their respect, and to know their own limitations in advising the client on accounting and tax matters.
- To assist with on the job training of technicians and trainees whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
- To promptly report to their manager/director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their senior/manager.
- Must be AAT or ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 3 years general practice experience.
- Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with accounts preparation programmes.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.