The Audit Senior is responsible for assisting with the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments, including the supervision and on the job training of team members.
We currently have two vacancies available, one based in Lincoln and one in Grantham.
The key responsibilities for this role are to:
- Assist with the planning, performance and completion of audits through team leadership and, where appropriate, undertake small to medium audits on their own or with junior team members with minimum supervision to deliver successful service on a timely basis. This includes working at clients premises and potential overnight stays.
- Support more technical testing during assignments.
- Manage budgets and meet objectives.
- Prepare client accounts and corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work.
- Ensure audit team members receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies whilst also meeting work priorities.
- Undertake specialist assignments to expand their own knowledge as well as keeping up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- Develop working relationships with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- Report to their line manager or the client director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc).
- Respect client confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience (e.g. three years audit experience).
- Be able to prepare accounts on their own to final stage, actively manage their workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Be able to demonstrate effective client and team member inter-personal and management skills.
- Have the relevant IT skills to operate in-house programmes and be fully conversant with audit software.
- Have a good working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act and relevant tax matters.
Want to find out more about auditing at Duncan & Toplis? Click here