The senior is responsible for assisting with the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments including the supervision of audit teams and working in a wide range of audit assignments. The role is based at our Grantham office, but may involve occasional work for other offices within Duncan & Toplis. The senior also assists with on the job development of technicians and trainees.
- To assist with the planning, performing and completing of audits through leading audit teams and where appropriate undertake small to medium audits on his/her own or with junior staff and with the minimum of supervision.
- To assist with more technical audit testing during audit assignments and to work with a team to achieve successful completion of audits on a timely basis.
- To control budgets and meet audit objectives.
- To assist with the completion of client accounts preparation and prepare corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work.
- To undertake specialist assignments to expand knowledge.
- To assist with ensuring technicians and trainees working within the audit teams receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies whilst also meeting work priorities.
- To develop working relationships with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- Where appropriate, work at clients’ premises which could include overnight stays.
- To promptly report to their Manager/ Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Manager/ Director.
- AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified, or if qualified by experience e.g. 3 years’ audit experience. A part-qualified individual with a strong background in audit work may be considered.
- Must be able to prepare accounts on their own to final stage.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal and management skills.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with audit programmes.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act, and relevant taxation matters.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to prepare tax computations.