The Audit Senior is responsible for assisting with the planning, fieldwork and completion of audit assignments, including the supervision and on the job training of team members.
The key responsibilities of an Audit Senior are to:
- Assist with the planning, performance and completion of audits through team leadership and, where appropriate, undertake small to medium audits on their own or with junior team members with minimum supervision to deliver successful service on a timely basis. This includes working at clients premises and potential overnight stays.
- Support advanced technical testing during assignments.
- Manage budgets and meet objectives.
- Prepare client accounts and corporation tax computations where appropriate to support audit work.
- Ensure audit team members receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies whilst also meeting work priorities.
- Undertake specialist assignments to expand their own knowledge as well as keeping up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
- Develop working relationships with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- Report to their line manager or the client director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc).
- Respect client confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be AAT, ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience (e.g. three years audit experience).
- Be able to prepare accounts on their own to final stage, actively manage their workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Be able to demonstrate effective client and team member inter-personal and management skills.
- Have the relevant IT skills to operate in-house programmes and be fully conversant with audit software.
- Have a good working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, the accounting provisions of the Companies Act and relevant tax matters.
Want to find out more about auditing at Duncan & Toplis? Click here
Duncan & Toplis, an employer of choice
As current holders of both the ICAEW Large Accountancy Firm of the Year Award and a recipient of the GOLD mark of distinction from Investors in Customers, Duncan & Toplis is a great place to apply and explore your talents.
We love to champion our team members, and we pride ourselves in being able to attract and retain top talent from across our region.
Our flexible working and benefits schemes are hugely competitive, and we reward our team members for their loyalty, hard work, and the results they achieve. Our team member perks enable you to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Actively involved in our local communities, we take our social responsibility seriously and encourage our team members to get involved in supporting local initiatives, whilst on a global level, we are members of Kreston International, which means that our team members are supported by over 25,000 peer professionals, from 200+ firms around the world.
By creating a positive working environment, we position our team right at the heart of everything we do – after all that’s why our clients continually choose to work with us!