The IT Professional is an experienced individual who is responsible for incident/change/request resolution and projects, working with a wide variety of technologies in a fast-paced environment.
The key responsibilities of the IT Professional are:
- To provide a high level of 2nd line desktop support covering Microsoft Windows technologies, as well as occasional 3rd line support.
- Assisting with the implementation/distribution of upgrades to software and systems.
- Taking a senior role within the support team, acting as a confident point of escalation.
- To taking ownership of complex incidents escalated by service desk engineers, liaising with Infrastructure support teams and 3rd party support where necessary.
- To provide mentoring, guidance and support for junior team members.
- To create scripts where possible to improve desktop support processes and automation, as well as project work which involves working closely with the management team and senior technicians on technical development.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have four years’ demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Hold an MCSA or equivalent professional qualification – ideally ITIL foundation level qualification.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the business.
- Be pro-active in their approach to personal development.
- Have the ability to effectively prioritise workload and execute tasks under pressure with an analytical approach.
- Possess excellent customer service skills which have been developed working in an IT service-oriented environment.
Desired Technical Experience includes:
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/8.1/10).
- Microsoft Server operating systems (Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016).
- Microsoft products including Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- PowerShell/VBScript scripting.
- Antivirus and security products such as bitdefender, Duo mobile, Cisco Umbrella.
- Cisco switching and routing config experience.
- VMware vSphere and vCentre.
- VEEAM Backup and Replication technology.