Main responsibilities will be to provide general administrative and technical support to the department. Managing a portfolio of clients, under the guidance of a manager, to complete basic personal and business tax computations. Undertaking research for senior tax staff to aid the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients.
- To prepare Personal, Partnership and Trust tax computations under supervision, including annual tax credit forms and P11D’s.
- To perform administrative duties for department as required.
- To provide research for senior staff undertaking adhoc tax projects.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation.
- When the opportunity arises, deal effectively with clients within their range of expertise and to refer to senior/manager before any advice is given.
- To proactively manage their own personal study to improve their knowledge and technical abilities.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc
- Ideally part or fully qualified but consideration will be given to providing training for the right candidate.
- Must be able to prepare routine personal and partnership tax returns and assist with the preparation of more complex returns.
- Must be aware of the importance of client relationships and their own limitations when speaking to clients.
- Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programs and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
- Must be fully conversant with software programmes.
- Should have a basic understanding of tax and business issues.