Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Manager you will provide both, administrative support to the team and process client’s confidential payroll, including benefit and expense information, within HMRC framework, ensuring that the legislation is upheld.
- Accurate data entry in to Payroll database of sensitive and confidential client information in a timely manner and process payroll efficiently.
- Maintain master payroll records for Real Time Information purposes.
- Upload of pension files to the relevant providers.
- Completing payroll journals.
- General database maintenance.
- Attend payroll forum meetings.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent listening skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively within time constraints that cannot change.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Computer literate and good typing skills.
- Willingness to study towards the professional qualifications within the industry.
- In the fullness of time it is expected that you will be able to spot potential issues before they arise, question data and report to a senior colleague.
- Comply at all times with the firm’s compliance, complaints and data security policies / procedures.
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times.
- Maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally.
- Follow direction well, work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals and resolve problems.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.