To process client’s confidential payroll, including benefit and expense information, within HMRC framework, ensuring that the legislation is upheld. Give help and advice when required. Advise clients in line with HMRC guidelines.
- Accurate data entry in to Payroll database of sensitive and confidential client information in a timely manner and process payroll efficiently.
- Advise clients of monthly/quarterly PAYE payments within a suitable time frame to ensure payment is made prior to deadline.
- General database maintenance.
- Respond to queries from HMRC in a timely and efficient manner.
- Dealing with client telephone enquiries in relation to payroll, benefit and expenses.
- Attend payroll forum meetings.
- Updating movers and leavers on the systems.
- Providing year end information.
- Complete any forms from external agency’, for example, Child Support Agency, Local County Councils, National Statistics Department etc.
- Advise clients of any major payroll legislation change for example National Minimum Wage
Assist with completion of documents for PQP Accreditation (Payroll Quality Partnership) from The Institute of Payroll Professionals)