The Receptionist/Administrator is responsible for providing a professional front of house reception and administrative service to the office and clients.
They will be responsible for embracing both existing and new software/technology as the company continues to innovate. Excellent customer service skills are essential. We are looking for candidates with experience.
- To greet clients and other visitors to the office.
- Answer telephone calls in a timely, polite and professional manner.
- Must maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Typing of letters, accounts, invoices and reports.
- Support the management team with any administrative tasks.
- Sending and receiving documents through our secure portal system.
- Dealing with payment requests and petty cash as required.
- Assisting with the organisation of office events including food handling, making refreshments.
- Other general duties as requested from time to time commensurate with skills, experience and status.
- Assisting with monitoring and maintaining the current Practice Management and CRM (Client Relationship Management) software as required.
- Assisting with the distribution of incoming and outgoing post including filing within the paperless office system as require
- Keep a tidy and orderly work area.
- To arrange in conjunction with other team members cover for holidays and absence to ensure that the reception function has adequate cover at all times.
- Assisting the health and safety office representative as required with weekly fire alarm tests and other adhoc duties
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Microsoft Office IT competent
- Experience of working in a reception/client facing role
- Experience of working in administrative role
- Experience of working on a telephone switchboard
- Must have a pleasant speaking voice and helpful personality.
- Must have a smart image and be acceptable to represent D&T.
- Strong organisation skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Proactive attitude to tasks and implementing efficiencies
All of the above are preferred but not essential as full training will be given.