The Tax Advisory Manager is responsible for the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients across the practice and on special projects. They are also required to ensure that all team members under their supervision receive necessary on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
The key responsibilities of the Tax Advisory Manager are:
- To undertake UK and international tax projects and advisory work within the direct tax advisory service line.
- Managing all aspects of a project, including billing and ensuring budgets are met.
- Assisting directors with direct tax advisory work, including scoping the projects and fee proposals.
- To provide advice and assistance to team members as and when required.
- Working with and answering queries from team members and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients affairs.
- To identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- To provide training to and develop team members with technical ability and personal goals.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues or concerns which may affect client relationships to their director (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be CTA and/or CCAB qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- Experienced in UK and International tax with the ability to deliver advice on direct tax. On the job training will be given in order to broaden knowledge.
- Be able to actively manage their own workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Demonstrate effective time management and communication skills, including the management of client expectations.
- Ensure that team members under their supervision are supported, assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development, and that they receive effective on the job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst meeting work priorities.
This role is available at any of our 11 office locations.