The Tax Advisory Manager is responsible for the provision of specialist tax and VAT advice and planning for clients across the practice and on special projects. They are also required to ensure that all team members under their supervision receive necessary on the job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
The key responsibilities of the Tax Advisory Manager are:
- To undertake tax projects and advisory work within both the VAT and direct tax advisory service line, either for the firm’s existing client portfolio or for prospective clients.
- Managing all aspects of the advisory project work, including billing within a project and ensuring budgets are met.
- Assisting other team members with VAT and direct tax advisory work, including scoping projects, fee proposals and providing ad hoc advice as required.
- Working with and answering queries from team members and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and apply this knowledge to work being undertaken.
- To identify opportunities when reviewing projects and action these as appropriate.
- To provide training to and develop team members with technical ability and personal goals.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues or concerns which may affect client relationships to their director (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be CTA qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- Be able to provide advice in both VAT and at least one direct tax specialism – on the job training will be given in order to broaden knowledge in either of these areas where exposure to one of these taxes is weaker than the other.
- Be able to actively manage their own workload, take responsibility for their own development and ensure that all team members under their supervision receive effective on the job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst meeting work priorities.
- Demonstrate effective time management and communication skills as well as managing client expectations.
This role is available at any of our 11 office locations.