The Tax Manager is responsible for contributing significantly to the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients, both within a portfolio of clients and on special projects, with a focus on Personal Tax.
They will also ensure that all team members under their supervision are supported, assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development and make sure that they receive effective on the job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst meeting work priorities.
The key responsibilities of the Tax Manager are:
- Day-to-day management of an allocated portfolio of clients.
- Working with and answering queries from team members and clients in a timely and accurate manner within the agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice.
- To undertake ad hoc tax projects and advisory work, either for the existing practice wide client base or for new clients as appropriate.
- To manage all aspects of work undertaken within their client portfolio and any project work, including billing and ensuring budgets are met.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and apply this knowledge to work being undertaken.
- Providing training to and developing team members with their technical ability and personal goals
- Developing and maintaining a close working relationship with clients, to understand their business and to also identify any opportunities for cross selling of other Group services.
- To report any issues or concerns which may affect client relationships to the client director whilst respecting client confidentiality (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ATT or CTA qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and the implications for clients.
- Be able to actively manage their own workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Demonstrate effective team management and communication skills whilst managing client expectations.
This role is available at any of our 11 office locations.