The manager is responsible for contributing significantly to the management of a portfolio of personal and trust clients and advising on special projects. Also to ensure that all staff under his/her control receive necessary job training and support to meet business and personal goals.
- To manage a portfolio of personal and trust clients. Working with and answering queries from Directors and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice.
- Responsibility for managing all work and billing within a portfolio and project work, ensuring budgets are met.
- To undertake ad hoc tax projects/ advisory work either for the existing client portfolio in agreement with the relevant Director or for other clients as appropriate.
- Assisting the Director with tax advisory work.
- To provide advice and assistance to individuals within the practice as and when required.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients affairs.
- To identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- To develop others within the tax team with technical ability as well as their general development.
- To develop relationships with clients to build networking skills and identify opportunities for other work within the group.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients. To understand their business, and also to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their Director.
- To promptly report to their Director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc
- Must be ATT and/or CTA qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- Must have Taxation of Trusts experience.
- Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
- Desirable to have staff management skill but not essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations from previous portfolio management.
- To ensure that staff under the manager’s control are supported and assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development.
- To ensure that all staff within his/her supervision receive effective job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
- Must be able to work well with other Managers/ Senior Managers and ensure the department works well as a team.