At Duncan & Toplis, we’re passionate about working with talented tax people and supporting you in your career development. With flexibility and work life balance at the heart of what we do, we know that our talent is our biggest asset. Our team deliver a full range of high quality, added-value services designed to help our clients achieve their goals and we’re looking for talented people like you to join our team.
As Tax Manager, you will be responsible or contributing significantly to the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for clients, both within a portfolio of clients and on special projects. There’s a strong sense of collaboration within our tax teams as well as strong partnerships with our clients, some of which have been with us for decades. Our innovative approach to business planning and strategy has resulted in huge savings for clients and many of our projects have been award-winning, including our project supporting the International Bomber Command Centre.
You will ensure that your team members receive the necessary job training and support they need to deliver our high quality and client-centric service:
The key responsibilities of a Tax Manager are to:
- be responsible for a portfolio of clients – working with and answering queries from team members and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice.
- undertake ad hoc tax projects / advisory work either for the existing client portfolio or for other clients.
- manage all work and billing within a portfolio and project work, ensuring budgets are met.
- provide advice and assistance to team members.
- keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients’ affairs.
- identify opportunities when reviewing client affairs and action these as appropriate.
- assist with the development of others within the tax team with technical ability as well as their general skills.
- build relationships with clients to increase networking skills and identify opportunities for other work within the group.
- develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients to understand their business and to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
- respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships, including any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints, etc.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ATT and/or CTA qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and implications for clients.
- able to actively manage their own workload and take responsibility for own development.
- capable of demonstrating effective team management and communication skills, as well as client inter-personal skills – including the management of client expectations.
- supportive of other team members, assisting them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development – providing adequate on the job training and experience to compliment their studies, whilst at the meeting work priorities.
- able to work well with others to ensure the department works well as a team.