The Tax Senior be responsible for managing the compliance process in their office and contributing to the provision of specialist tax advice and planning for a portfolio of clients and on special projects.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TAX SENIOR ARE:
- To manage a portfolio of clients.
- To undertake and review the preparation of personal, trust and partnership tax returns.
- Working with and answering queries from team members and clients in a timely and accurate manner within agreed limits of responsibility, including tax compliance advice and forward planning to identify future tax issues.
- To assist team members with ad hoc tax projects / advisory work either for clients across the practice.
- To be responsible for managing all work and billing within a portfolio and project work, ensuring budgets are met.
- To ensure that team members under their supervision are supported and assist them to achieve agreed targets in their performance and development by enhancing both their technical ability and general skills.
- To keep up to date with changes in tax legislation and the application of this knowledge to clients’ affairs.
- To develop relationships with clients, build networking skills and identify opportunities for other work within the Group.
- To respect client confidentiality and report any issues or concerns which may affect client relationships to their director (e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be ATT and/or CTA qualified or equivalent with a detailed knowledge of UK tax legislation and its implications for clients.
- Be able to manage their own workload and take responsibility for their own development.
- Demonstrate effective team and client management and communication skills, including the management of client expectations.
- Be able to work well with other team members to ensure that the department works effectively as a team.