The VAT Manager is responsible for preparing advisory reports, completing technical reviews of VAT returns and providing the wider team with relevant updates.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- prepare advisory reports
- effectively assist with client enquiries within your range of expertise
- carry out technical reviews of VAT returns completed by the team
- support team members by assisting with their queries
- keep up to date with the latest legislation, briefings and cases applicable to VAT
- share relevant updates and findings with the wider team for awareness and to support client communications where necessary
- respect client confidentiality and promptly report any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- an enthusiastic attitude and be a good communicator who is able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues
- a good working knowledge of VAT
- previous experience providing advice of this nature
- the necessary IT literacy to use in-house software and reporting tools
This role is fixed term maternity cover and the location is to be agreed with the successful applicant.