The person fulfilling this role will be expected to provide comprehensive assistance and administrative support to the Company Law Compliance Team Manager, including assistance with the maintenance of the practice management database and with other support functions.
In time and with appropriate training the successful candidate will advise and work with fellow team members on aspects of Company Law, including the drafting of minutes and resolutions, company and group restructuring and liaising with external organisations such as Companies House. This role also provides the opportunity for a suitably qualified person to take a managerial role within the department in the future.
To provide clerical and administrative support within the Company Law Compliance Team on a range of tasks required to ensure that our clients comply with Company Law. Database management to ensure that the records are accurate, secure and comply with data protection legislation.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to produce accurate work with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Excellent listening ability, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative in prioritising tasks by assessing situations to determine urgency.
- To answer telephone calls and email enquiries in a timely manner.
- Update the database to accurately reflect work in progress.
- Maintain client records and registers.
- Produce minutes, forms and associated documents to ensure client compliance with Company Law.
- Adhere to compliance, complaints and data security policies / procedures.
- Maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Work cooperatively and effectively to set goals and resolve problems.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Various routine administration.
- Must be a competent IT user, with experience of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience of database procedures and management.
- Must be methodical and accurate with an enquiring mind being prepared to question data integrity and verify accuracy.
- Ability to work in a challenging and busy environment.
- Knowledge of Company Law and/or Company Secretarial procedures would be advantageous.